Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Smashed Off the Tracks

I awoke in the morning, as tired as can be, and got ready for a very long day. Today, I was taking part in a huge model train racing meet; the national championship for my age group. I had had a great season so far and, feeling very confident, I had a feeling that I would have a swell meet today. I, settling down for breakfast, looked out the window and saw a large train going by; quickly flashing my mind on about a dream I had had the night before.

I had dreamt that I was a conductor of a racing train that was black, with some red racing stripes, and I was in first place coming to the end of the race. Hurriedly, I took over the lead from the former 1st placeman, my arch rival, Ty-rainasauraus Rex. I then heard the announcer yell into the earthshaking megaphone, “And the Black Stallion has taken the lead.” Feeling startled by the loud megaphone, I forcefully shutting my ears, lost control of the train. A few seconds later, I was riding at high speed off of the tracks and still going but slightly tipping. I was frightened, and I saw my rival, Ty-rainasauraus Rex, pass me up again. So I hurried back to my controls, skillfully turned the train back onto the tracks and luckily, while making it back onto the tracks, knocked the back of Ty-rainasauraus Rex off of the tracks and he started to fall off the tracks. He, also being very skilled, managed to maintain complete balance even with his tail-end hanging off of the tracks. Eventually, I caught up to him face-to-face and realized, again being skilled at noticing mistakes, that all of his controls were turning the train to the right, so if I did not get out of the way soon, I would be smashed off of the tracks. So I backed up and this time, was ready for the announcer to scream out his mind in wondering what I was doing. Sure enough, he did- I immediately heard “And the Black Stallion is backing off and letting Ty-rainasauraus Rex take over the lead.” I was, hopefully, foreshadowing what was going to happen; but as of right now, as was going to lose because the other train was still ahead and controlling well. Luckily he, screaming and jumping out of the train, lost control of his train and his train fell off of the tracks and crashed into a big building. As I predicted, I crossed the line in first place. Then, when I was about to get my award, my loudly buzzing alarm clock went off.

That day, at my tough train racing meet, I went 8-2 for the round robin; winning the first seven then going 1-2. I won in the quarter finals in a very long and grueling match while advancing to the semi-finals. In the semis, I raced in an even closer race and won by a hair. In the finals, I faced the Raptor- which was another dinosaur name, and I was the Blue Bronco- which was a horse as well. I was blue with red racing stripes. It was a close race throughout and near the end, the Raptor fell off of the tracks and I ended up winning the race. My dream was what happened in real life but with no announcer.

No comments:

Post a Comment